Gluten Free Egg Free Oats Pancakes!
This is the simplest gluten free, egg free pancake recipe ever. With the shortest ingredient list and oats as the main base it is the healthiest pancake I have made. I was so happy and relieved to get a single flour recipe. Most gluten free flours are a combo of many different flours and starches. The Oat pancakes get ready in a jiffy and are delicious. And you don't have to be gluten free to enjoy them. Recipe adapted from here.
Last Sunday, my 6 yr old wanted to make breakfast with me. She measured all the ingredients, mixed them well, carefully poured the batter onto the pan. Apart from flipping the pancakes, these were her babies all along. Then she decorated the pancakes with maple syrup and berries.
- 1 cup oat flour (grind about a cup of gluten free oats in a blender. I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter or oil (I used butter)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (I used maple syrup)
- Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Mix in the wet ingredients. Stir well and set aside for about 5 mins.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-low heat. Melt some butter on it
- Pour about 1/4 cup per pancake and allow to cook until you see bubbles on top. Flip and let cook on the other side for a min or two.
- Serve with berries and maple syrup.
- This recipe can be easily converted into vegan one by replacing milk with almond or coconut milk and butter with oil.
- Sometimes we convert it into Chocolate Oat pancakes by dropping some chocolate chips onto the poured pancake batter.
Post a Comment